Chapter (1): Regulation of Euro-Arab Environment Organization (EAEO)
Article (1): Statue Name:
This Statute shall be named as follows:
The Statute of the Euro-Arab Environment Organization
Article (2): Definitions
1- The Organization:
The Euro-Arab Environment Organization (EAEO).
The persons who have established, announced and registered the Organization, and developed Statute thereof.
3- The Board:
The EAEO Executive Office Board.
The headquarters of EAEO.
5- EAEO President:
President of Euro-Arab Environment Organization and president of the Executive Office Board.
6- EAEO Executive Secretary General
Executive Secretary General of EAEO.
7- Trustees Office
Presidents of regional and technical offices and the like level in EAEO.
8- Trustees Office Member
President of a regional or a technical office and the like level in EAEO.
9- Technical Offices
Specialized offices reporting directly to the Executive Office Board. Presidents of Technical Offices shall have the degree of a Regional Office President.
10- Regional Office
A representative office of EAEO in a certain region.
11- Regional Headquarters
Headquarters of EAEO Regional Office in a certain region.
12- Regional President
President of a regional office in any geographical area within the work scope of EAEO.
13- Regional Board
Executive Regional Office Board in a certain regional area.
14- Regional Office Member
Members of the representative offices in regional areas.
Article (3): EAEO Definition
Euro-Arab Environment Organization is a nongovernmental, international, independent and nonprofit environmental organization which follows no particular political or religious trend. Euro-Arab Environment Organization encourages cooperation, partnerships and reciprocity of experiences between peoples of the Arab world and the European countries to protect the environment in a manner that allows improving the quality of people’s life without damaging the life of the generations to come. This mission is accomplished by virtue of assisting in providing financial support of the projects and programs that help mitigate pollution by international funds and other bodies, as well as providing consultation to governmental and nongovernmental bodies in various environmental issues.
Article (4): EAEO Establishment
The EAEO has been established and registered in Geneva, Switzerland by virtue of the initiative of the founders signing the charter of establishing a nongovernmental international organization concerned with the environment, and carries out its duties in accordance with its Statute and in compliance with the rules of the Organization’s headquarters country.
Article (5): EAEO Headquarters
The headquarters of Euro-Arab Environment Organization is in Geneva, Switzerland, and the Board Members may establish more than one permanent headquarters for EAEO, regional or representative offices in Arab, European or other countries wherein the Board wish to establish a representative office of Euro-Arab Environment Organization.
Article (6) Objectives of EAEO:
1. Reciprocating experiences and cooperation between Arab, European and other countries on the governmental and nongovernmental levels in various environmental issues which help mitigate pollution throughout partnership between both sides in the detection, evaluation and early warning system in the field of environment.
2. Providing consultation, studies, technologies, journals and scientific books in different branches of environment to governmental and nongovernmental bodies on the Arab and European levels, as well as to other countries, in addition to benefiting from international experiences to improve the environmental quality in such countries.
3. Assisting countries, organizations as well as governmental and nongovernmental bodies in providing financial support to environmental projects and programs from international funds and other resources.
4. Carrying out a major role in supporting investments and projects in the field of environment, alternative energies and green buildings; together with encouraging businessmen from the Arab, the European and other sides to invest in this field.
5. Carrying out humanistic environmental projects that serves and supports residents of distressed areas in Arab, European and other countries.
6. Activating and encouraging environmental tourism in the Arab, the European and other regions throughout disseminating and enhancing the culture of environmental tourism among the different classes of society.
7. Holding exhibitions, conferences, forums, workshops, seminars and training courses pertinent to environmental sustainable development, as well as activating the environmental economy in collaboration with Arab and European chambers of commerce as well as with governmental authorities and bodies, universities, research centers and other entities.
8. Strengthening work and bolstering ties and cooperation among different international governmental and nongovernmental environmental institutions by virtue of treaties, agreements and memorandums of understanding in such a manner that benefits the objectives of EAEO and develops the international environmental level.
9. Launching environmental initiatives that avail the Arab, European and other communities allover the world, and realize benefits to individuals and societies.
10. Launching international appreciation rewards to encourage the Arab and the European human successful contributions towards environment and sustainable development.
11. Granting medals and badges of honor to presidents and public figures on the Arab and the European levels, as well as to other international figures supporting environmental work.
12. Establishing nonprofit specialized environmental faculties, training and research centers, organizations, clubs and societies in the Arab, the European and other countries to cater for international environmental issues and objectives.
Article (7) EAEO Activities and Works:
The Euro-Arab Environment Organization generally carries out its activities through the Executive Office Board and the EAEO regional offices for the sake of realizing its objectives. The EAEO activities and works include the following:
1. Environmental projects pertinent to sustainable development and alternative energy.
2. Studies, researches, consultations and issuing environment quality certificates.
3. Studies and training, including:
a. Scholarships which include (diploma, bachelor’s degree, master degree, Ph.D. degree).
b. Summer, spring and specialized courses.
c. Environmental touristic trips.
d. Academic programs.
e. Faculties and training centers.
4. Masterful scientific publications and environment awareness.
5. Conferences, forums, workshops and exhibitions.
6. Local, regional and international initiatives.
8. Medals and badges of honor.
9. Activities of regional offices as well as environmental organizations and institutions reporting to the EAEO.
Article (8) Financial Regulations of the EAEO and Regional Offices:
1. Funds of the EAEO and the regional offices shall be deposited in the banks selected by the Executive Office Board.
2. Financial resources of the EAEO shall include:
a. Membership subscription fees of members, organizations and entities, governmental and nongovernmental.
b. Unconditional subsidies, donations and grants which the Board approves.
c. Revenues of investing the Organization’s financial resources.
d. Any other financial resources to be approved by the Executive Office Board.
3. A certain percentage to be determined by the Executive Office Board shall be deducted from the finance which the EAEO shall succeed in raising as well as from the services rendered to the beneficiary entities. Such value shall include personnel remuneration, direct costs and indirect expenses of the EAEO.
4. The Executive Office Board shall determine the percentage due to regional offices of financial revenues raised from projects, consultations, services and various activities rendered by such regional offices. All remaining revenues, after deducting such percentage, shall be transferred by the regional offices to the account of EAEO.
5. The Executive Office Board has the right to own or take on lease real estates, plots of lands and buildings in the name of the EAEO and invest the surplus financial revenues available in the EAEO in projects and investment opportunities as the Board deems appropriate for realizing the EAEO objectives.
6. The Executive Office Board shall fix the annual remuneration of the EAEO Executive Office members.
7. The financial year of the EAEO and the regional offices affiliated thereto shall start on the first of January and ends on the end of December every year.
Article (9) Authorities and Responsibilities of Founders:
1. The Founders have the supreme authority in the EAEO and control its interests. Moreover, the Founders shall elect by means of majority the promoting members, the president, the executive secretary general and the executive office Board every five years, or whenever the need arises.
2. The Founders shall supervise all activities and work of the Executive Office Board, and they may revoke the membership of any member in case of damaging the EAEO.
3. The Founders solely may revoke or add any article of the EAEO Articles of Association, and they only may decide on the issues and competencies that are not explicitly stipulated in the EAEO Articles of Association or in the executive regulations thereof.
4. In case the position of a promoting member may become vacant for any reason whatsoever, a substitute member shall be elected by the remaining promoting members.
5. In case the position of the EAEO President becomes vacant for any reason whatsoever, the Executive Secretary General shall automatically assume the position of the EAEO President whilst assuming his position as well until the new president is selected by the Founders. In case the Executive Secretary General is selected as the new EAEO President, the Founders shall select a new executive secretary general for the EAEO.
Article (10) Authorities and Responsibilities of the EAEO Executive Office Board:
1- The Executive Office Board shall delineate the general policy as well as the trend of the EAEO, and shall be formed of the members selected by the Founders to manage the EAEO works, and shall be presided by the EAEO President.
2- The Board membership period shall be five years, and shall be limited to individuals residing in Arab and European countries. Moreover, the Founders may accept or reject membership applications without expressing the reasons to the applicant. A person whose membership application is accepted shall be called EAEO Executive Office Board member.
3- The Board shall develop the rules and internal regulations of the EAEO and the regional offices. In addition, the Board shall develop the standards, financial conditions and the registration procedures for members, organizations and honorary members in the regional offices.
4- The Board shall hold its meetings upon an invitation from the EAEO President in the venue he determines.
5- A number of technical offices shall be reporting to the Board which shall select the presidents of such offices from among specialized and efficient people. Moreover, a technical office president may be a Board member, and a resolution to such effect shall be issued by the EAEO President.
6- Any Board member may withdraw at any time they wish needless to express the reasons behind such action which shall be put into effect by virtue of a resignation addressed to the EAEO President.
7- The EAEO President with the majority of the Board members may revoke the membership of any member in case of such membership damages the EAEO reputation.
Article (11) Authorities and responsibilities of the EAEO President:
1. The Founders shall select the EAEO President for a period of five years renewable to similar periods. The EAEO President shall be president of the Board and the legal representative of the EAEO before the judicial authorities, and may delegate any suitable Board member, regional office president or other EAEO employee to carry out some of his responsibilities, represent him and attend on his behalf in any occasion.
2. The EAEO President shall sign all payment cheques, all financial and accounting issues with the parties the Founders deem suitable, shall sign contracts, agreements, correspondences and other documents to be concluded or exchanged between the EAEO and other entities. Moreover, the EAEO President may delegate a suitable Board member to sign the financial and legal transactions as well as other correspondences and agreements of the EAEO on his behalf.
3. The EAEO President shall issue the resolutions decreeing the establishment of regional offices and appointment of presidents for such offices after obtaining the approval of the Board.
4. The EAEO President may issue organizational resolutions by virtue of which to establish a number of technical offices and committees to facilitate and manage the work affairs of the EAEO.
5. The EAEO President may, after obtaining the approval of the Board, grant medals, badges of honor and appreciation awards to the presidents and public figures on the Arab and European levels as well as other international figures supporting the environmental work.
6. The EAEO President shall select, after obtaining approval of the Board, from among prominent figures on the Arab and European levels, and other prominent figures, to be EAEO environmental ambassadors of good intentions to realize the EAEO international objectives.
7. The EAEO President shall sign, together with the EAEO Executive Secretary General, the memorandums of association of regional offices after obtaining the approval of the Board.
Article (12) Authorities and responsibilities of the Executive Secretary General of the EAEO:
1. The Founders shall select the Executive Secretary General of the EAEO for a period of five years renewable for similar periods.
2. The Executive Secretary General shall act in the EAEO President behalf and carry out all of his duties and responsibilities during the latter's absence, or whenever the need arises.
3. The Executive Secretary General is the spokesman of the EAEO, and shall be directly responsible for managing the affairs of the executive general secretariat and shall supervise all of its activities and execute the duties assigned thereto by the Founders and the Board. Moreover, the Executive Secretary General shall appoint a number of assistant secretaries to assist him in assuming the management of the affairs and duties of the EAEO executive general secretariat, carry out some of his responsibilities, represent him and attend on his behalf in any occasion.
4. The Executive Secretary General may attend any meeting of the Board and the Trustees Office, as well as the meetings of regional offices and general meetings, and may delegate any assistant secretary or EAEO employee he deems suitable to attend such meetings on his behalf.
Article (13) Office of EAEO Secretaries and its Members:
1. The Office of EAEO Secretaries and its Members shall be formed of the presidents of regional offices in the Arab, European countries and other countries, or those in the same level of responsibility from among presidents of the technical offices. The role of Office of EAEO Secretaries and its Members shall be advisory, and may not issue any resolutions.
2. The Board shall select the suitable person to preside the Office of EAEO Secretaries and its Members.
3. The Office of EAEO Secretaries and its Members shall hold its regular meetings in the main premises of the EAEO, or in any permanent or regional office thereof in the Arab, European or other countries upon an invitation from its president, or whenever the EAEO President or the Board President calls for any such meeting to consider the work development and the reports and propositions submitted by the Board and members of the Trustees Office.
Article (14) EAEO Regional Offices:
1. A number of regional offices for the EAEO shall be inaugurated in the Arab, European and other countries for the purpose of realizing the EAEO objectives and facilitate its duties so that the Arab and European geographical areas are divided into a number of regional areas each of which has an office for managing the affairs and requirements of the EAEO in such area as per the manner the Board deems appropriate.
2. The cooperation agreement to be concluded between the hosting country and the EAEO shall include the condition that the representation office of the EAEO in the hosting country shall have an appropriate independent legal personality, and that the hosting country shall assist to such office in providing the necessary human and financial resources, and to grant the facilities necessary to facilitate the office's work in the hosting country. In addition, the aforementioned condition shall stipulate that any such office shall have the legal capacity to enter into contracts, open bank accounts in the name of the EAEO and take appropriate actions in the manner that realizes the EAEO objectives.
3. The Board shall select the suitable country that will embrace the regional headquarters of the EAEO. In this regard, a special certificate known as memorandum of association of a regional office to be signed by the EAEO President and the Executive Secretary General in which the names of the countries included in such region shall be named. Moreover, the Board may add a number of new regional offices as needful.
4. A regional office shall be managed by a president to be selected by the Board from the countries representing the respective region, and shall also determine the period of his presidency. Furthermore, the Board may terminate the service of any regional office president and select a substitute thereto as per what it deems appropriate. The regional office president shall be responsible before the Board for all the obligations and duties pertinent to the regional office, and shall nominate the names of candidates suitable for membership of the regional executive office by virtue of a letter addressed to the EAEO President to raise it to the Board for obtaining its consent and approve the names.
5. The mission of such offices shall be to encourage projects and investments in environmental work sectors, alternative energies, sustainable development, devising solutions for environmental problems, striving to find finance opportunities from international donation funds, development banks, investment bodies and other entities, organizing and holding environment activities including initiatives, conferences and development programs with governmental and nongovernmental bodies concerned with the environment in compliance with the policies of the EAEO as well as the international levels and standards effective in this field. Furthermore, regional offices are strictly banned from addressing political or religious issues.
6. When the need arises, standing and temporary committees shall be formed by the EAEO regional offices' members, or by other persons, to regulate the work and affairs of the regional offices and their branches.
7. The president of the regional office shall raise regular administrative, financial and technical reports on all activities and works carried out by the regional office to the Board in the name of the EAEO President. Moreover, the president of the regional office shall abide by executing all instructions given thereto from the Board, and the regional office shall put into effect the resolutions and policies of the EAEO and realize its objectives as well as its strategic and development plans in the region.
8. The regional office shall hold its meetings upon a call from the regional office president, and the regional office shall advise the Board of such meeting. Moreover, the EAEO President or any Board member may attend any regional office meeting.
9. The Board may apply any amendments it deems necessary to the regional offices membership subscriptions.
Types of Membership and Subscription in Regional Offices
Article (1) Regional Offices Membership
Regional office membership is a right to be enjoyed by any person, organization or body which believes in the principles and objectives of EAEO, provided that any such body meets the conditions herein stipulated.
Article (2) Types of Regional Offices Membership:
1. Active membership for individuals
2. Organizations membership
3. Honorary membership
Article (3) Active membership for individuals in regional offices:
Individuals may be accepted as members of a regional office only when they fulfill the following:
1. Membership application is approved by the respective regional office president.
2. Membership applicant has reached 18 years old.
3. Payment of membership charges which are fixed by virtue of a resolution from the Board.
4. The applicant undertakes to preserve the reputation of the EAEO and respect its Articles of Association, the executive regulations thereof, and the resolution issued by the EAEO.
Article (4) Organizations’ Membership
1. The applicant organization’s activities and objectives should agree with the EAEO activities and objectives, provided that any such applicant organization participates in executing the EAEO policy and programs in different fields.
2. The applicant organization shall submit its application to the regional office president, together with a brief on its activities and objectives.
3. The representative of any such applicant organization should have all his civil rights in his country.
4. Payment of the due financial obligations stipulated in the financial and administrative regulations.
5. Member organizations may not participate in the general meetings; however they may attend in the capacity of a controller after obtaining approval of the regional office president.
Article (5) Honorary Membership:
Honorary membership is granted by virtue of a resolution from the EAEO President to individuals rendering magnificent services to the EAEO, the Arab countries, the European countries or other countries, either material or moral services, as well as to Arab and non Arab public figures; including those who may be selected as ambassadors of good intentions, and those who may participate in the activities and events of the EAEO and the regional offices.
Article (6) Deprivation of membership
A regional office member will be deprived of his membership in case any of the following occurs:
2. Withdrawal from the respective regional office by virtue of a written request.
3. In case the member ceases to fulfill one of the membership conditions stipulated in Article (3), Chapter (2), whether the member be an individual, entity or organization.
4. In case the member intentionally causes gross damages, either material or moral, to the EAEO or the respective regional office. Assessment of such default is made at the sole discretion of the respective regional office president.
5. In case the member becomes in default of subscription fees payment for six months from the outset of the regional office financial year.
Article (7) Membership Restoration
The regional office president may give back the membership to the members who have been deprived thereof due to nonpayment of the annual subscription in case such members pay the due amount. Moreover, neither the member nor his heirs, or those who have been deprived of their membership, may redeem the amounts they paid to the EAEO in the form of subscriptions, donations or grants, either paid in cash or in kind, for any reasons whatsoever.
Article (8) Duties of the regional office member:
The regional office member shall fulfill all the obligations arising out of his membership in the regional office, and shall undertake all the duties stipulated in the EAEO Articles of Association and internal regulations of the regional office. Moreover, the regional office member shall abide by the resolutions issued by the regional office.
Administrative and Financial Regulation of Regional Offices
Article (1) The Executive Regional Board:
The regional offices are managed by an executive regional Board formed of members from the countries of the respective region, and they are appointed by the Executive Office Board based on the nominations made by the regional office president. In this respect, the appointment resolution of such members is issued and signed by the EAEO President, and in their first meeting, the appointed members select a vice president and a treasurer. The membership period of the regional office executive Board shall be two years, and the Board may renew the membership period for similar periods.
Article (2) Mechanism of approving the administrative and financial regulations of the regional Board:
The regional office president shall raise the draft administrative and financial regulations to the EAEO President to get it approved from the Board which has the right to amend these regulations in such a manner that complies with the objectives of the EAEO.
Article (3) Membership and remunerations of the regional Board:
Membership of the regional office executive Board is a voluntary work against which the members receive no salary or wage. Moreover, members may not combine both regional office membership and working for the regional office on a paid basis. Furthermore, the regional office or the EAEO shall provide the transportation and accommodation expenses for any member who is assigned a mission that is approved by the regional office president, and which shall be raised to the EAEO for approval. In addition, the regional office president shall fix the value of the annual bonus for the regional Board members of the office from the surplus of the office’s financial revenues after obtaining approval of the EAEO in this regard.
Article (4) Regional Board Meetings and Resolutions:
The regional office executive Board shall hold regular meetings, or as the need may arise, and may hold extraordinary meetings in the cases necessitating such meetings. The regional office executive Board meetings shall be legal with the presence of the majority of its members, and the resolutions shall be passed by virtue of the votes of the majority of attending members, and in case votes are equal, the regional office president shall have the casting vote.
Article (5) Forfeiture of Regional Board Membership:
The regional office executive Board member shall lose his membership in case he ceases to fulfill any of the membership conditions stipulated in these Articles, or in case he becomes unable to carry out his work in the regional office. Membership forfeiture shall take effect by virtue of issuing a resolution by the regional office president, and such resolution shall take effect as of the date on which it is issued. Furthermore, a substitute member shall be nominated by the regional office president to the EAEO president to replace the previous member, and the new member may not assume his duties unless after obtaining the consent of the Board.
Article (6) Duties of the Regional Office President:
The regional office president shall chair the meetings of the regional office as well as the general meetings, and shall be responsible for all resolutions passed thereby. In addition, the regional office president shall represent the regional office before official authorities, speak in the name of the regional office, sign contracts, agreements and correspondences pertinent to the regional office; however the payment vouchers and the cheques shall be signed thereby together with the treasurer.
Article (7) Duties of the Regional Office Vice President:
The regional office vice president, or whoever delegated by the regional president, shall act as the regional office president in case of the regional office president absence. In such case, the vice president, or whoever delegated by the regional president, shall have the competences and all authorities of the president, and shall be responsible for all the decisions taken thereby.
Article (8) Duties of the regional office treasurer:
The treasurer shall collect all revenues and finances of the regional office and deposit them directly in the bank wherein the office’s funds are deposited, sign with the regional office president the payment vouchers and cheques, supervises the regional office accounts and keep the revenues and expenses’ documents. In addition, the treasurer shall be responsible for all accounting information entered in the books, prepare the closing accounts for every ended financial year and the draft budget of the forthcoming year, payoff salaries and various purchases invoices, keep the records, books and documents and all that is related to the financial affairs in the headquarters of the regional office. Moreover, the treasurer may keep a permanent imprest amounting to Euro ten thousand to meet the petty and emergency expenses; and shall be compensated for the amounts spent of such imprest on a monthly basis, present the regional office financial position on a regular basis to the Executive Office Board; together with serving a copy thereof to the Board. The regional office closing account shall be prepared by an accounting office approved by the Board.
Article (9) The Executive Manager of the Regional Office:
An executive manager shall be appointed in the regional office when the need arises, and the resolution of his appointment shall be issued by the regional office president whereby to define the executive manager’s authorities, responsibilities, rights and obligations. In case the regional office fails, for any reason whatsoever, to appoint a full time manager, they may assign any of the regional office Executive Board members to carry out such work; in which case the selected member will not lose his right to attend the regional office meetings and vote on its resolutions.
Article (10: Subcommittees:
Subcommittees shall be formed by the regional office executive Board when the need arises so that such subcommittees assist in managing the office and realizing its objectives. The number of subcommittee members may not be less than three members, and the subcommittee shall be presided by a regional office Board member who may preside over more than one subcommittee; provided that all subcommittees' members are from among the regional office members. The number of subcommittees, their names, competences and manner of formation shall be determined by virtue of a resolution signed by the regional office president.
Article (11) General Meetings:
The ordinary and extraordinary general meetings shall be held upon a call from the regional office president, and such meetings shall be formed of all working members who have fulfilled their obligations towards the regional offices and one year has elapsed since their membership became effective. The aforementioned meetings shall be held in the regional office headquarters, and may be held elsewhere in any country affiliated to the regional office by virtue of a resolution by the regional office president. The resolutions of such meetings shall be passed by virtue of the majority of votes of attending members.
Article (12) Prerequisites of general meetings validity in regional offices:
Ordinary and extraordinary general meetings of the regional office shall be valid if more than half the working members entitled to attend such meetings have already attended. In case half an hour elapses after time fixed for meeting convention and the quorum is not fulfilled, the respective meeting shall be held with the attending working members; provided that the regional office president, or whoever delegated by him to attend on his behalf, chairs the ordinary and extraordinary general meetings.